View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #470
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Thanks guys, my PM didn’t go after all.
Kids back at school, wife back at work next week so I will be able to absent myself guiltlessly to the garage and move forward.
Jobs for next week are:
1. Make a wiring jig to be able to run the wires and test them off the bike – estimate 4 hours
2. Start on the easy wiring circuits that I am confident with and lay them out, determining connector positions and terminating them.
3. Buy second hand S4 rear wheel spindle, nut, adjuster plates and adjuster blocks.
4. Make the frame for the front mudguard carbon fibre mold (been avoiding this one as it is not easy, the pattern is a later model 750/900 SS which provides frontal protection for the chrome legs) - estimate 6 hours.
5. Do one last (I hope) fill and rub down cycle on all other the CF molds (14) - estimate 6 hours.
Meanwhile the postman today brought these bits of titanium bar, 20mm for swinging arm spindle (350g) and 12mm (110g x 2) for engine bolts (one still in post), which I am not looking forward to running a die down. Equivalent steel items would weigh 610g and 192g respectively. So, I will have saved circa 424g at a cost of 16.7p per gram (not including any cost of my time in cutting to length and threading the engine bolts).
This is getting obsessional/expensive.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote