View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #1
etiennevert

Carb heater lines and fittings

Hi - I am new to monster ownership (1996 m900) and in the past week the bike has begun to run rough - particularly when damp and cold. I immediately fear the worst and assume I've bought a complete dog thats about to die - but take some comfort from Utopia's earlier thread and the fact that the bike had been running like a champ up to recent changes in weather. Have also changed serviceable items to rule out any other basics.

I then figured I had it sussed when I noticed the carb warmer tap on the oil cooler line.... but it didn't make any difference. Having had a poke around to see how it all works this morning I noticed that the heater line is just blocked off and doesn't fasten to the carb.

There is the connecting line between the carbs but nothing else. There is also no return line from the carbs or any obvious 'return' point to the oil system (either at the cooler or anywhere else).

This is my long winded way of asking if anyone can point me in the direction of any diagrams/pics of how the setup should look - have looked through Haynes and Google'd but can't find anything.

Any pointers as to where to get suitable lines from also welcome (I'll be searching eBay whilst motogp is on). As an aside will running the bike with no connections to the carbs where heater line should be be harmful? Has clearly been like that since I bought it a couple of months back so am hoping it doesn't matter.

Apologies for rambling on and thanks in advance for any advice