View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:15 AM   #382
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quick update.

Since last report I have been told officially engine will be done this week by Friday so hope I pick up then and have all weekend and next week off for sticking back in the frame. Now I need to decide whether best to lower frame down to engine on bike lift or jack engine up into frame on bike lift.

No decals arrived as yet so they will be called today to see where order is so can go to paint.

Stein Dinse parcel arrived yesterday with the correct fitment black nylon washers and fitted rear mudguard wings. I got on with it quickly but came across another fitment issue being the rear tea tray bolts should be longer by 10mm. As much as I try to avoid buying more stuff aftermarket fittings are wrong for the bike and once again have to because Ducati UK don't sell every needed part Stein Dinse do although a waiting time is on the these and whilst I ordered them I also decided some other parts may as well fill up the order to make it tidier.
2 off speedo mount bolts
2 off longer tea tray bolts
2 off tank pivot nylon bushes
2 of exhaust rubber damper bushes
1 of rear brake pedal rubber

My plated parts due back next day or so with the clutch and brake banjo's and brake caliper bolts, spare seat catch, and swingarm pivot bolts.

Figured out a way to refit the original rear mudguard possibly from the second phase of its history being a bike purchased from David Robinsons of London where by it has his name in Cagiva font with the Cagiva Elephant logo too. I want to keep its history where possible but the plate is 9" x 6.5" and the frame is for 9" x 7" and some point I may be able to get someone to replicate the font and logo on another I have got a flat 9" x 7" aluminium one to attach it too so should not look so out of place with a reflective yellow top.
I know initially talking to Spacemonkey on here it looks like his and mine originally came from Aye Gee motorcycles in Welling but they don't now exist anymore and are now Iron Horse motorcycles.
Got chatting to a Guy on Ducati forum who is going to make up some battery leads for a UKMOC member who supplies his bike to him for free but alas I cant use mine but have given him information to assist I hope . In return he offered me the same but I am happy for just a discount of maybe just costs of leads as long as the bike improves its starting.

Pics of the few details done.
Washers fit just right under the blacked bolts. Note the front bolt looks neater on the hugger where it should be a caphead and washer.
IMG_2249[1] by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

Mudguard wings fitted but only at bottom. Removal will be quick once longer bolts added in tea tray if not wanted in summer.

IMG_2247[1] by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

View from rear just 2 extra nuts and washers x 2 sides and will stop chain mess hitting number plate etc.

IMG_2245[1] by Andy Patterson, on Flickr

IMG_2243[1] by Andy Patterson, on Flickr
IMG_2247[1] by Andy Patterson, on Flickr
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote