View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #16
MerlinPV12

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Stunning looking bike, impressive spec too! The evo of all evo's maybe?

I do think the red/black seat looks good but the plain black looks better to me. It's just my personal preferences you understand and I may have gone with some red piping and the rest just nice black leather instead. And if I'm being really picky maybe black or gold fork legs. That's just nit picking, its a work of art really.
Hi Darren, I'd be happy with your preferences as well, so no contest there! Pictures don't do the seat justice, when you see it in real life the colour comes out so much better. And if I didn't find the stock seat so uncomfortable, I may well have gone for a colour combo as you suggest. Just cant bring myself to spend any money on it!

I have no problem with ohlins gold either, but at the time I wanted something a bit different - the red didn't take long to grow on me. As you may know, you take a punt with anodised colour, so I didn't really know what I'd be getting. Now I've grown to like it and would be reluctant to change.

Black is another good option and one I'm actively perusing by trying to replace as many silver items still on the bike with black. We'll see how that goes, HM managed to find me some Black Ti bolts and I'll continue to look for more.