View Single Post
Old 24-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #8
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I think you can still get 'Gunk' from Halfords and the like, they sell it in an aerosol and I would say its probably better and safer than sloshing petrol everywhere and it won't damage paint, WD40 is also good, Iv'e yet to try ACF50 but lots on here swear by it. WD40 is similar, just make sure not to spray in on brake disks and calipers.

And to re-iterate what Gazza said regarding pressure washing, just don't do it. Use it for cleaning your patio or car but not the bike. Jap bikes and BM's seem to be ok as I used to do my winter hacks with one, but Ducati don't like it and you will soon have electrical problems once you get water in there that won't dry out.
WD40 is 50% solvent, which is good for siezed bolts etc, but not so great for protection. the solvents can damage electrical wire coatings, making them brittle. Ask anyone who has sprayed it onto outboard engines... I prefer Corrosion X. Its not cheap, but it does protect and it has zero solvents. Buy it on Amazon or ebay. They have a really funny advert clip where they show a radio controlled helicopter dropped deliberately into a bucket of water, then flown back out a few minutes later!

Halfrauds sell Gunk. Doesn't everyone use Gunk? Didn't Ogri drink it for breakfast?

Last edited by Jez900ie; 24-05-2017 at 07:05 PM..
Jez900ie is offline   Reply With Quote