View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #14
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
Sadly true.

I'm still awaiting prosecution for a non confirming plate a couple of weeks back, which if the £60 stated by the officer amounts to about £20 per mm on the size of the letters, he was trying to tell me what a nice guy he was because he wasn't putting points on my license for my cans. The thing I object to is he stopped me 'as part of a road safety initiative' but just wanted to hit his daily quota, didn't even walk round the bike or check the lights worked. When he said 'safety initiative' I was expecting the bacon sarnie/bikesafe course offer my local force employ. Call it additional local motorcycling tax if that's what it is. I was stopping anyway to see if I could help the bike I was approaching, thinking it had broken down only to find it was being stopped by the guy who'd hidden his car in the bushes.

Not worth appealing if I don't want to get tugged every time plod spots my reg.

The inability to appeal an S59 ASBO is clearly wrong, as is issuing it for a first offence, and equally prone to retribution. As ever a power intended for use against gangs of youths on uninsured mopeds and stolen dirt bikes is being abused once in the hands of the executive.

Not exactly going to win hearts and minds of mostly sensible bikers who open it up occasionally when safe to do so.
wasn't aware that that was a points offence Rob. doesn't appear on this list though may be different now.
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/assets/.../OD_000055.pdf

I'm currently running with 6 points so take a wee interest in this sort of stuff!