View Single Post
Old 27-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #7
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
I have spoken to the technical bods at Shell this morning. They confirm that all their unleaded petrol contains up to 5% ethanol.

I also contacted Millers Oils asking if their EPS product would help with plastic tanks. Here is the (very rapid) response:

Good Morning Paul
Thanks for your enquiry.

Yes our EPS will help and contain the ethanol so that it will not attack the plastic fuel tank once it is attracted to moisture, this product has been on the marketplace for many years and therefore works.

Like you say Ethanol can be severely harmful to plastic fuel tanks and we actually took a call in technical from someone yesterday who’s tank had swelled due to not using a EPS product, and once this happens then you obviously need to replace the tank.
Kind Regards
Colin

He sent me a factsheet (pdf) but it is too big to upload. If anyone wants a copy PM me with your email address.

I have done a few searches online & the cheapest seems to be £7.99 for 250ml which will treat 40 litres of fuel.
If my sums are correct (doubtful) this would add £2 to each fill-up (I have assumed 10 ltrs per tankful).

I suppose if enough people are interested we could order in bulk to get the price down.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote