View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #155
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Good research Darren.

I managed to stop for squint at mine as I was passing this afternoon.
Good news is that if you look at it properly, square on, the rose joint is bang in the centre of the swept area of the disc.
Looking at the front mount. It would put it way out of parallel the other way if the bracket was inverted... So I have been putting it on the right way!

Interestingly there is a very convenient potential mount point on the back of the crankcases, which is only a few mm off making the rod parallel, but they have chosen not to use it and gone for the offset bracket instead.
There are no clearance issues from the exhaust.. It's about 3" away. So the mount can go where ever you care to place it. Making me even more inclined to think that it is meant to be where it is.
I fully agree with Darren about the theory that the parallelogram is "toned down" a bit to account for the rising rate suspension. His research seems to support this.

Interestingly, my mates ST4R or S? has a floating rear brake with the calliper on top. The torque rod on that is definitely not parallel, it disappears under the hugger at a jaunty angle.