View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 08:51 AM   #6
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredduke View Post
From the ESSO website:

Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97) is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland). We would therefore advise anyone who has concerns about the presence of ethanol in petrol to use Synergy Supreme+ – providing they do not fill up in Devon or Cornwall, the Teesside area or Scotland."

From BP: ....the content of bioethanol in our BP Ultimate Unleaded gasoline will never be more than 5% by volume until 1st January 2017 at the earliest.[/I] As we are past that date I would say it is safe to assume that a minimum of 5% ethanol is present in BP Ultimate .

From Shell: ...As with the standard grade, our premium fuel will also normally contain bio-components, as required by the government mandate. However, bio-components may sometimes not be present due to production and/or logistical constraints.

I intend to ring them after Easter, I will let you know their answer.
Thanks BRD. How are you feeling now? Getting back to "Normal" (What's that?)?

Most of the web based chatter about ethanol was back in 2014, so may well be out of date now. Your summary was pretty much my understanding of the current position, though BP's reassurance is pretty hollow as they don't seem to know what they are selling now.

I have been told that all the petrol in Hampshire (Except Tesco) is "the same", it just comes out of Fawley in different branded tankers. It is operated by Esso though, so they may have access to "the good stuff"?