View Single Post
Old 14-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I'm hoping that Esso Super Unleaded still doesn't have ethanol in it?
From the ESSO website:

"The majority of unleaded 95 Octane petrol sold in the UK contains up to 5% ethanol as required under the Government’s Renewable Transport Fuels Obligation (RTFO).

There is currently no requirement for renewable fuel (such as ethanol) to be present in super unleaded (97 grade petrol).

Esso super unleaded petrol (Synergy Supreme+ Unleaded 97) is ethanol free (except in Devon, Cornwall, the Teesside area and Scotland). We would therefore advise anyone who has concerns about the presence of ethanol in petrol to use Synergy Supreme+ – providing they do not fill up in Devon or Cornwall, the Teesside area or Scotland."

https://www.esso.co.uk/fuels-faqs

Interestingly, I asked Shell & BP the same question this week and they would not confirm that ethanol was NOT present in their super-unleaded. They both claimed the situation was 'fluid' (as per their products) so could not confirm or deny the presence of ethanol.

From BP: However we can assure you that – as required by the The Motor Fuel (Composition and Content) (Amendment) Regulations 2013 – the content of bioethanol in our BP Ultimate Unleaded gasoline will never be more than 5% by volume until 1st January 2017 at the earliest. As we are past that date I would say it is safe to assume that a minimum of 5% ethanol is present in BP Ultimate .

From Shell: Ethanol is being blended in gasoline up to a maximum of 5% volume, in order to respond to the Government’s initiative to promote bio fuels, with the aim to reduce overall CO2 emissions and enhance energy supply security.
As with the standard grade, our premium fuel will also normally contain bio-components, as required by the government mandate. However, bio-components may sometimes not be present due to production and/or logistical constraints.
To further address your concern, we advise you to contact our product technical team. Their contact details are as follows:
E-mail : productinfo-UK@shell.com
Contact Number: 0800 731 8888 (Option 3)
. I intend to ring them after Easter, I will let you know their answer.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote