View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #39
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
This one? :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MON...IAAOSwuLZY0qLh

TBH It looks really clean and tidy for such a high mileage bike. The paint looks good, the carbon is faded but could be made good fairly easily. The engine paint doesn't look too bad from what I can see, but its usually underneath that suffers most.

The forks look tired, the nitride has worn off so I don't know if that means they're worn out and they'll leak. The stanchions are about £300 quid each new so maybe you should consider that factor that into the price . I guess the price reflects the mileage. I honestly don't know what those engines are like at that mileage as mine has done less than a quarter of that, but there are plenty of ST4S's around with similar mileage, same engine. Maybe speak to a Ducati mechanic about likely issues or maybe someone on here has a experience of a bike of that sort of mileage.

The bike looks pretty standard apart from the disks, horn, rear reflector and the wheels, which were usually white on those blue bikes so maybe they've been refinished in black for practicality, as white is a nightmare to keep clean as I know all too well.

Rear tyre looks a little flat to me too.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote