View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 06:42 PM   #10
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Thank you my friends for the replies... I should have qualified, "any suppliers" with, apart from Probolt or TPO, as I am far too snooty to patronise them.

When I've saved up my pennies I will get a pair of adjuster plates like Flip's, from MVP Performace. Going for 43.95 Euros at the moment. Unless anyone knows of a better price?

http://www.mvs-performance.de/Chain-...Aluminum-17-mm
Yes I understand what you are saying about the likes of Probolt etc. there Mr G - but I got a discount for having an ACU licence along with a load of freebie 'points' for them using photos of my race bike and so took advantage of it while I could.

As for the MVS adjuster plates- yes they are good quality items and as Jerry mentions a lot more accurate for chain adjusting as there is less play in them. You will need to be careful of the size of the flange or washer you use as there is little margin- I can measure the diameter for you if need be?

Also, if your swing arm has the welded-on paddock stand bobbins as per the early bikes 888 style then it can cause a problem when using certain makes of stand.

I spoke to MVS with regard this when using the genuine Ducati 888/900 Monster stand (my bike was supplied with one when new) and despite me emailing photos from the parts catalogue and the part number of my stand to prove it they basically turned around and said I didn't know what I was talking about and go away!!!