View Single Post
Old 19-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I'm really happy you got the bike norvin. If you take to it like I have to mine, you will be smitten.

Re centre stand. Yes I think every bike should be able to stand upright on it's own legs. I am fairly sure that my Ducatis are the only bikes I have owned without one.

I have tried to fit one to mine (An ST2 one). It's stacked against you I'm afraid.
On a standard bike the exhaust gets in the way and you have to grind a big lump out of each bracket. On the Sie you also have a rear mudguard extension below the swinging arm which gets in the way of the brace (okay just ditch the extension, but it's a special Sie bit).
Then you have the brake toque rod fouling the right stand leg. It must be possible to bend the leg outwards to clear then adjust the length to sit level.
At the front right had side the centre stand needs to use the same bolt holes in the crankcase that the torque rod front bracket is already using. I thought that the stand bracket could be modded to take the torque rod aswell

Unfortunately I gave up and sold my ST2 stand to another member who I understand managed to persuade it to fit a Monster... I know not how.

If you succeed I would be very interested in buying one.

Smiffyraf has a nice stand on his M1000... I think it might be an original Monster accessory?