View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #58
RossObey01

I got my new stainless bolts today which meant I could start putting the engine back together. The bolts I got from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3710452112...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Best Offer for £24.00, 86 bolts in total for most engine bits and bobs. Initially I was pretty happy, comes with a small guide telling you where the bolts went and what size, but there are a couple that just don't fit. The worst offenders being the long clutch cover bolts, simply too long to thread all the way in, so I had to put a couple of old ones back in.

I've got the list of bolts and sizes for each bit, so I'll upload that another time should anyone want to buy their own bolts individually.

Anyway, onto the engine. Clutch cover sealed (Loctite 574) and back on, belt tensioners and rollers back on, which allowed me to refit the belts. It took a little more work than normal because nothing was lined up, but as long as you process it logically it doesn't take much longer. I had a blonde moment when tensioning the belts, I'd put the allen key between the belt and the tensioner, rather than the roller, so it wouldn't give the right tension. I knew the belts were too lose but couldn't work out why

Belt covers back on, I must say Mr Gazza I'm very happy I painted the covers to match, leaving them black would have been a big mistake.

Still need to get the alternator side sealed and back on, but I realised today I'd forgotten to paint the starter motor, so that needs to be done before I can finish off.