View Single Post
Old 30-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #3
hatchback

Hello SRAM. Wow, reading your posts is like looking in a mirror regarding my own experience having bought an M600 this year. After a few attempts with the carbs myself I decided to throw mine at Moto Forza in Silverstone to try and get it running properly, with some success. It turned out that someone had got the exhaust and inlet shims the wrong way round and the clearances were a mess. There were also problems with the fuel filter, the fuel pipes and the carbs. The best they could get it without a bigger strip down was ticking over correctly and running fairly well although there is a whole mess of stuttering at certain throttle openings which I am riding round for the moment. I need to find a place to get the carbs ultra-sonically cleaned that is near by as the next step and then re-jetting and new needles. The upside down forks are proving to be the usual pain in the backside with fork oil escaping from the left hand one (I should have stuck to my promise to myself after the Aprilia kept doing the same). There has been a persistent fuel leak which I think I have traced back to the fuel level sensor. I have tried a new gasket and am gently tightening the nut UNTIL IT STOPS!! Fortunately I have a couple of Japanese bikes that require little maintenance and offer maximum reliability; there is also a 25 year old Peugeot I am planning on using for winter.
The fuel tank is made of thin cheese and collects dents as soon as look at it. The paint job is probably not the one that came out of the factory, although it looks good, as it seems to not adhere very well to the base coat. Ideally it could do with a complete strip down and the frame powder coating. I have a plan but never seem to have the time.
The saving grace is that it looks great and sounds great and it makes me smile (behind the tears). I hope yours turns out well and you have a long and good relationship with it.