View Single Post
Old 21-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #42
Andy B

Bike: M900
So are the forks on mine the fully adjustable showas? (not that it would make much difference to me mind - as I wouldnt have the first clue of how to go about utilising them )

after finding a previous owner of the bike on here on my first thread - (not the previous owner i bought it off mind) It looks like its had a few changes over the years...

Rear shock confirmed changed in 2010 after leaking. and looking a the old photos on that thread, i've just noticed - the footpegs/rear sets are different - the ones on it now are rubber covered.. had a standard plastic hugger put on it some point between the photos and me acquiring it, and the forks in the photos come through the top yoke a whole lot more than they do now....

[*J_Dubs photo]
perhaps thats just the renthals that made the difference?

anyway... no floating rear caliper - but does have ali swing arm... not sure how much of a rarity that is on a 900 though... the speedo/tach unit is an aftermarket "RoadRacing" unit which has had grey dials put in it - the oil pressure led on the tach wasn't wired up when I got hold of it, and I have a suspicion the tank has been changed since that old photo....but could be wrong.. and was pleased to see braided hoses on it too when i bought it

eitherway, i am pleased with the spec of it regardless if it came out of the factory that way I was somewhat ignorant of it all until I started reading up on the forum.... the only thing I'd seen about monsters really before buying one was reading to avoid buying if it had the standard Marzocchi forks on the front....
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote