View Single Post
Old 29-10-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
We now have tyres on rims and a pair of completely refurbished wheels.

We now have a M900 engine at home and managed to lift it from the car through the house and round the back into the garage and up on the bench. Just !...

Don't be fooled by the look as the paint is not all that. Its soft and scratchable and painted over the old paint or metal and has a funny feel. The person also painted over the black barrels too.

All about this bike is not all that seems once again and I was earlier saying about the engine number being high and some parts later than most 93. The engine casings are early Cagiva marked elephants but cast numbers are 95.

Not particularly bothered about that as these things can get replaced by Ducati it seems.

Now the hard part of cleaning all the cruddy paint off it all and addressing it all again. Part of me wishes to strip her all down to heads and barrel and get blasted. It may happen but need to think about that. The casings I am not so bothered about.

This concerns me slightly and am investigating but looks like a split but not through. The bike never leaked oil but it worries me to the point of I can have it welded but will I now have to split it all again. I am sure if the guy who did the crank would have said if he had seen anything inside to worry about he would have said. He luckily found the damage on the 6th gears and wasn't that obvious.

Got plenty of work to do now a bit at a time.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote