View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #176
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Very little happening this week so far regards building sadly as not yet got my vapour blasted yokes and sprocket carrier back from TSR so here is hoping they are done this week.
In the meantime I have been selling and buying other parts and treated her to some new sprockets even though they were very decent. The chain is a D.I.D and has little side movement and although was grimey, it was also greasy too and I gave it a wipeover without any cleaning products and will be white greased before fitment. I intend to give it a better clean in between the link prior to grease though.
I went for a pair of Renthals because I like the colour and the heritage and got standard 39-15.

I had to order another cush drive bearing as never realised there were 2 in that part. That should arrive tomorrow.

I had a bit of a lucky find last night spotting a pair of gold chain adjuster back plates on Ebay under chain parts. And were buy now too. There is not so much wrong with mine other than the chain side one has a few scrapes on the top but these are so much better so mine will be sold on after.

I am about to order the tyres and looks likely now I will go for the Michelin PR2 as PR3 are £50 more and I am needing every penny saved. Its just a case of whether I order online or via somewhere like Watling tyres and get the fitting thrown in as been told they may charge £40 fitting for bought in ones.

I hope by this time next week some proper progress is made but I am slowly ticking stuff off the needed list and the garage is getting tidier as I sell on parts from Fsie,XT500 and Monster parts to bring some cash back in.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote