View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #77
ibanezlynx

Hi all.
So its been a while since i've posted, been so busy. Anyway, it passed the MOT with flying colours and I have done about 200 miles since with absoltely no problems. The only issue was a little oil mist but I nipped the oil hoses a bit more and now its fine.
Here are a few more pics:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
One of the best things I changed was upgrading the starter cables. I did it very cheaply buying the bits myself and soldering it all up. Another was the oil cooler cover. I bought some ali mesh which I cut up and formed around the rad, then secured with lock wire.
I also machined some tophat components so I didnt have to fork out on footrest bolts:
[IMG][/IMG]
I also sanded the writting off of the reservoir caps and powder coated them which turned out good:
[IMG][/IMG]

Another thing I would say is that dont give up on clutch slave cylinders. You could replace yours with an aftermarket unit which is bling and requires less force or you could refurb the old one. I wasnt worried about the force as I have strong hands. Mine leaked badly but I stripped it and gently polished the corrosion out of the bore. I bought a new seal for £3, rebuilt it and it works fine now.

So thanks for everyones help. This is such a great forum and I'm glad to be a part of it. I hope to make it to one of the rideouts and meet some of you. Please feel free to pm me with any questions, I would be more than happy to help...

Last edited by ibanezlynx; 04-10-2015 at 06:56 PM..