View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #174
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Big thumbs up for BigOz for his welding skills and being a top bloke. I picked my welded lower yoke up on Monday evening and dropped off my exhaust header system.
He had filled the damaged stripped thread with weld and as soon as I got home I measured and drilled and tapped again M8. That meant that yesterday all those parts went to vapour blasting in Sevenoaks at TSR vapour blasting.

I was shocked last night when BigOz posted pics of the header as I said no rush mate its fine. He has done I can only imagine it already or partly but has filled in the missing pieces where the welding had previously been torn from someone who tacked exhausts to the header.
I will polish it all up after but I reckon he has made a great job of it and saved me from possibly having to have accepted the look or cutting it back 4-5mm.

We have a plan for the making of a bracket for the ohlins remote as he has a plate roller like a mini mangle so we reckon that's not going to be hard to do. Its more the point of steel or aluminium.
I got a delivery from Moto Rapido of exhaust rings today and fresh manifold nuts. Price in case you need was £20.74 inc vat for 4 of each.

I just hope the vapour blasted stuff gets done before Friday afternoon for me to pick up. That would make my weekend happy.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote