View Single Post
Old 27-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #173
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Uplifting today

Today life was meant to be doing the Gentlman's ride out but sadly the Scrambler was a non starter for the second time since I fitted a power take off lead in May. Anyhow the situation turned out for the better as I went to pick up a bike lift table. Got it home ok in the estate car but very heavy to lift out on your own. I wont be needing the wheel stop and clamp for a while whilst building off some paddock stands but will at least eliminate back ache.

Yesterday saw a few jobs done as in cush drive bushes pressed in, some bolts fitted now with washers and spring washers, fitted the replacement spacer thing in the front brake switch, fitted the 2 missing O rings and washers in the gear shift and rear brake pedal pivots.

I removed the 2 bearings from the sprocket drive unit and decided its going also to be vapour blasted this week along with yokes. Its having a nice new Renthal sprocket fitted and new chain so best make use of the service to restore good as.

Then I made a repair to the long air box breather hose which had been split and gnawed back by someone in the past. Could not get another one the same so went about it to repair as best as I could without too much obvious signs.
I cut the pipe back a couple of inches and then inserted a piece of thin tube pretty much the same diameter as the bore about 50mm long and then wrapped some rubber around to same diameter. Then I used the 20mm diameter heat shrink over the top like a bandage and was a tight fit and slid over with soapy water. Then heated it with a hair dryer to a tight fit and dry the water out. Looks ok now.

Managed to get some correct carb breather pipes on ebay too and a pair of mirrors.

Albie is offline   Reply With Quote