View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 07:28 AM   #13
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I think of the Streetfighter as the next stage in the S4 development, but they didn't call it a Monster because their marketing department wanted to keep the Monster brand separate and wanted to create a new Streetfighter brand to tap into a market that they felt the Monster brand couldn't.

I'm not bothered what they call it. I'm interested in a bike that I feel comfortable on and like to ride. I was instantly at home on the M1100 when I bought my first one in 2010 and the same with Char's SF848. Less so with the M821 and M1200S that I test rode. I found their riding positions less comfortable than the SF848, which was really the opposite of what I expected. The engine of the SF848 is a step up from the M1100, but not as bonkers as the M1200S which seemed to think hard about it when you opened the throttle before deciding to fire you into the sunset. I could see myself ending up being buried in a hedge somewhere if I had one of them.

As for insurance.......with all of the additional bits on Char's bike it did take several days of toing and froing before the underwriters eventually agreed that I could insure it on my existing policy.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote