Thread: My M600 Dark
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
SpeakForYou

Major cosmetic bits done for the month, now the mechanical bits.

The chain had some tight spots and the sprockets had some corrosion so treated it to a new DID chain (didn't realise it was black and gold) and sprockets.

So bad points, none untill tonight. The red button to flip between full/dipped beam isn't working right so when you press to dip the light only the side light comes on no dipped, dip will come on once you wiggle the button. My mechanic pal sprayed some contact cleaner in and made no difference, except for the fact the dipped won't even come one when you wiggle the button.

Next problem, tried to adjust the lever span while riding tonight (I know, stupid me) don't know what happened but the pin slipped in the wee cup bit it sits in on the lever and jammed my front brake on! Managed to come to a safe stop and 2 bikers stopped to help. Got the lever off to try and fix it and a orange/ gold bit dropped, bounced of my boot and vanished into thin air. Brake lights are stuck on so I'm thinking it was a piece of the brake switch. Anyway, managed to get the bike home but looks like I'll need to get a new switch and take the left switchgear to bits to try and fix the light.

Wish me luck.