View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #15
Aviatore

Due to some professional exams, I've again had to back burner the bikes... getting to be a habit. Hopefully next week I'll be free and clear for a while. Fingers crossed. But as an update, most companies I've run quotes with are above £1000, this seems completely ridiculous to me... I mean people can't seriously be paying that amount here in the UK, you could buy bikes for less. Still it begs the question on why that would even be quoted if it weren't realistic, the companies can't have any uptake on policies priced that high, can they?

As for me so far it looks like Ducati Insurance is the best option with £478 for a comprehensive multi-bike policy, and 3 years no claims with £250 excess. I'm tempted to just go with it but wanted to see what you all thought. I've seen the posts about sub £100 insurance and have concluded that there must be something very different about those policies... they seem too far off the mean to be the norm.

Waiting on MCN to get back to me as they were £2000 but said if I could prove no claims from the US and show a UK license they'd be reasonable. Which I'm providing... thank goodness for my French license conversion!

Last edited by Aviatore; 02-08-2015 at 11:07 AM..