View Single Post
Old 15-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Brake calipers

Well I thought they may clean up with some good cleaner as generally were not too bad but they had patches of grot here and there and the bottoms were badly stained black. I did clean them up as best as I could prior to making a decision but firstly I stripped the pins out and found 2 of them had no pin clip in them. I cleaned up all 3 of the sliding pins for plating and cleaned up the spring clips too but obviously the main ones are stainless anyhow, The smaller one needed a good wire wheel dressing .
The pads are good at least and the pistons went back freely. As I said before I would have like to have plated and cleaned the caliper bolts but I never again tried to undo them.

After a bit of cleaning still not great

So having some very similar colour enamel paint I attempted a bit more of a clean up firstly on the rear caliper and very pleased with the result.

Then on to the front one and the comparison is good.

I have just completed the final front one and they are looking very decent now. The paints quick drying but will possibly give another light coat and let it cure for a week or so before rubbing back the lettering of BREMBO and then lacquer them over and once fitted back with new fittings will be good again. Its a shame about the bolts but at least they are not rusty.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote