View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #100
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Thought about stuff all day and last night was looking into removing cush drives. I got home with an open mind to continue the black paint, I rubbed down the crazing and actually the rear wheel turned out not so bad in the end but I could have improved it better and that's where the could have stays as the front I did the same and then painted the back. The cast spoke bodys crazed up and that was enough for me to say lets get stopped and do these properly.
Ok so bearings removed front and rear. One of the fronts is smooth as new and one was like a ratchet. Bothe rears although they were rusty in the bores were smooth but will be replacing all 4.
I will also get the spacers replated as they are now out.
Finished the oil cooler in a nicer silver and looks very good now and also rubbed down the black horn and is now painted silver too.

I said earlier I was studying the search forum for removal and also spoke to Scrapps today for advice as he changed some last year or so ago.
It worked to a degree as removed the centre and the outers would not come out at all. Nothing left for me to do than try drilling the rubbers out and had a go at trying to get behind the outer so it would bend in and possibly come out. So far no joy and given up for tonight.

I think its dremel time to thin the inside wall down to almost collapse and then they can go off for powdercoat and if the costs ok will do also the rear hoop as paint is not as robust.

So now costings are going up with a pair of tyres and powdercoat and bearings and cush drives.
Theres £300 in one hit.

Needed.
Tyres x 2
Wheel bearings x 4
Steering bearings x 2
Cush drives x 6
Throttle cables x 2 push and pull
Brake pads front and rear
Braided black complete full lines and clutch
Clutch plates
Frame painting and seat cowl
Wheels and suspension hoop and levers powdercoated
All plating of parts
Parts to be shotblasted and naturalised foot pegs and hangers and fork yokes and brake hanger .

Last edited by Albie; 09-07-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote