View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #88
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
As I had a wedding of my stepdaughter time was limited to yesterday morning only and this afternoon as was raining.

Mostly cleaning and stuff but made a copy of tank prop tonight thanks to Darkness for sizes. It will work and needs plating and will have heat shrink on the end not the PVC cable cover. I just need the rubber end for it.

Bottom yoke tank stop was removed and hope I get Big Oz to ally weld a plug or fill loose stripped hole with weld and re=tap it. The stud is salvageable and allen key hole good and thread had an M8 die ran up it.
Just will need naturalising again as the top yoke.

Forks are in great order except pale anodise and will bring back the lowers to finish this week. All components are not damaged and seals new. Will change fork oil on refitting.

Air box was cleaned inside and out and air filter looks very new serviceable part. Probs get a K&N later. I do need a replacement long hose as the ends short and damaged so if anyone has dumped a filter box can I purchase a decent one.

Front wheel was rubbed down and masked yesterday and sprayed a base coat satin black this afternoon. Will get more paint tomorrow and mask the rear and do that one too. The rear tyre has been plugged and when I can afford tyres I may well get both powdercoated but budgeting at the moment.

Ohlins is in very good order except a slight tear in the pvc clear sleeve but is ok.

Last edited by Albie; 05-07-2015 at 08:43 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote