View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #79
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Pt 1

Well I have been busy and getting stuff done slowly and patiently and although I couldn't get her going again to do the oil pressure test at home I decided what the hell its coming out and will be on its way via Proteam Ducati to his mate Simon who is a ex Moto GP engine builder for Kevin Schwantz so he knows about engines. Scott also used him too so is recommended.

Well a catch up is the brake discs are still in tape but gold but not sure if colour I desire as I see them with a little more yellow in the gold. Don't get me wrong they are shiney and the picture doesn't do justice.

The suspension hoop also has had another can of colour this time Fiat Broom Yellow and at first it looked lighter but then went more deeper and warmer and its still nothing like the Ohlins which is seeming to almost be orange in reality. I am leaving it there and see later. It needs 2 stainless rose joints to be ordered.

Rover yellow

Fiat yellow

Rear wheel came out and axle was cleaned up nicely to be plated.

I also have one odd old exhaust. Hard to tell as Ducati logos are old school but one is made by Sil Motor and one by Lafranchi. If anyone has a swap let me know.

But most of the scuffs are gone but still got to dress up the aluminium and make them look good. A set of Termis will still be on the cards later as that's allowed in my book as long as I have stock too.

Last night after the epic non start fail I started the undoing of the rest of the components and exhaust came off in minutes and headers are clean and polished. I saw there is no clamp on the rear so need one of them.
The loom was removed as far as I could go and was left ready for tonights big drop.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote