View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #65
Cobra88

Hi Dan

What you done with your anni bodywork ?

Im after a corse kit if i can find one but also like the anni as the retro font looks cool.
Rick

Hi Bob

I have done the 189 @ rear wheel zx10R stuff and many many trackdays and tired of huge power bikes
The evo is just about perfect for uk twisties and shorter
UK trackdays and i enjoy riding a slow bike fast more than trying not to highside on every exit
(I know JP. )
My traction control has been off since it stopped me wheeliing between 2 of my favorite corners
Horsepower is great but more than the 85 i guess the evo puts to the ground is pointless on the road for me anyway.
I am still at the front of my riding group on all our rides and they all have silly power sports bikes.
I even bought a 500 nexus scooter 3 years ago to try and get sane.
Still left most of my lot behind.
Torque is far more fun on the road than HP.

I am guessing Ducati's 145 hp 1200s is the usual Ducati 125 at the wheel and with 25 kg of excess baggage it will only be faster than the Evo on a motorway or D Carriageway
So would rather improve the already reasonable 1100 evo
Have already shed 10 kg and a few more with soon to fit wheels.

Hope my ramblings make sense.

Also my finished mortgage loads of expendable dosh came to an end after 25 years when i split from my X and she took me to cleaners after i bought everything!
Now had to start again at 50 with new mortgage etc but as bonus met my GF when she was out on her Z1000 which i had at same time

Last edited by Cobra88; 03-12-2013 at 07:27 PM..