Thread: What to do....
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Then again you'd have to go through all of the lowering again, still you know where you're going with that by now so less hassle but still a cost to factor in.

I agree with some of the bits about the IE's but I went through TWO sets of clocks on mine, maybe I was just unlucky there but looking at the stepper motors I really don't think I was, more that other people have just been luckier they haven't failed yet.
The heads are the same as is the motor it's just the fuelling and a more sophisticated ignition mapping. Having said that I honestly prefer my carby 750 over the IE, the engine feels a bit rawer, the IE had the rough edges knocked off of it.
The 750 engine is much lazier than the 600, much easier and nicer to ride, and the 900 more so.

Do the maths on it, does a 400 and 600 equal a 900 plus lowering work (with of course a bit left over to personalise the paintwork)