View Single Post
Old 18-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
wezrvf

This is so disappointing from the Italians. I was thinking about this tour but to be honest it just seems like you are an inconvenience for them and the nonsense with the car park??? What is that about. Surely you would want to try and convert riders of other manufactures by getting them on the tour. If i turned up to the tour on my R6 and was not allowed to park in the car park i will tell them to shove the tour and their bikes up their ar*e . Slightly different, but a couple of years ago i did a tour of the new MINI factory in Oxford (i was MINI mad at the time) and that was a brill day. The two old chaps who had worked there for what seemed forever gave the tour and where amazing, they could not do enough to show you everything and gave us loads of goodies. They where obviously soooo proud of what they where knocking out. Maybe the that's the difference here, Ducati obviously know they are still a bit sub standard in terms of quality and dont want you to see the guy finishing off a bike with a spray can or insulation tape !! then again, like someone above said, this is the Italian, Different mentality.

I spent two weeks this summer riding a Vespa round the Amalfi Coast and loved the place but yeah, different people.......makes the world go round i guess !