Thread: Project Sie
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #12
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Well, she's on the road, the MOT was a formality even if the rear tyre was somewhat wanting for tread.

The ride home was interesting as a brake started to bind and eventually stopped all motion, I assumed it was the front brake. anyway I managed to get home in short hops when it was cool enough to roll. Then it started to come onto one cylinder intermitently, so I spluttered along with the brakes groaning..!!!

It turned out to be the back brake, which I had adjusted with too little free play in the lever....Easy fix, and thankfully no damage. The misfire was only a loose LT connector on the front coil which I must have displaced whilst wrestling the harness into shape....Another easy fix.

Well me and my Monster are freinds again now after a stonking 20 mile ride...Can't wait to get some new tyres on her.!

I changed the high level Remus cans for standard ones, but they are too quiet and do nothing to cover the infernal racket of the open clutch, so one of the first things I want to change is the clutch cover...Any one want to swap a standard steel one for my abreviated Carbon one ..?? Have a look at the picture and give me a call if you can help..I want a very nice steel one mind..

She is looking a bit plain at the moment but I am looking forward to a couple of months of riding before I alter her looks...I mean, red resevior tops and blue fork adjusters...This will not do..!

I am hoping to swap quite a bit of the bling without involving the vulgarity of money, so watch this space.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg After.jpg (32.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch cver.jpg (32.1 KB, 79 views)
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote