Thread: Project Sie
View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
I collected the tank from Mustard City Racing after work on Saturday morning. They have done a very neat and quick job. They are opposite Tinklers on Northumberland road. 01603 623428, really nice bunch of blokes.
The injectors were collected as part of an evening out, my pal cleaned them beautifuly for free and treated my family to a chip supper too..What a guy.!

Sunday morning soon had the tank cleaned inside, pump and new filter installed and repair painted over.
The injectors and all the other gubbins went back on...Petrol in and fire up..
..As predicted she was only firing on one, the front pot.
so out it all came, injectors swapped and try again...Still only the front pot.
Oh forgot to mention, i had a major fuel leak from an injector before the second try. It turned out that i had not got the injector cap properly screwed down due to the threads being very clogged. As luck would have it, the only tap that I own is an m5, so I cleaned the treads very carefully indeed, and got the injectors down nice and tight.

So two working injectors, two plugs sparking and no bangs from the vertical pot.!

I had continuity from injector plugs to ECU plug, and the same meter readings from both injector plugs when the ignition was turned on and when cranking.

I can feel petrol hitting my finger on the front pot when I crank with my finger down the open throttle body. But not the rear.

Messages are coming out of the rear plug and I know the injector works, so only one thing it can be...
...I carefully worked a scalpel blade into the plug terminals and then gave them a squirt of clutch and brake cleaner and instantly felt petrol hit my finger at the first crank...Ha ha.!

The spark plugs went back in pretty quick and away she went on two...Bingo!!!

The plug must be really bad because it won't work when it dries out and needs another squirt of cleaner to make the contact again....So thats it. Bike fixed for a three quid plug.!

I ordered a pack of four for £12 and I have to wait till tomorrow to get them, so tonite I will probably warm her up, drop the oil out and change the filter.

Tee hee.....MOT at the weekend is a distinct possibilty.

So relieved. I thought I might be saving it for pancake day to sqeeze over my pancakes,...

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 29-07-2013 at 06:04 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote