Thread: Project Sie
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Project Sie

Well I've been kind of fully occupied since the Monster came home, so it's taking a while to get to know her, but she's beginning to feel a bit more like mine now.

I was quite alarmed at the amount of dismantling that it had undergone just to investigate a suspected injector fault, and also at how grubby it had gotten during a year in bits in a garage. The thing is, I had already agreed a price and travelled 250 miles with the intention of collecting it, so re-negotiation was not realistic...I would probably have given it a miss if I had only gone 10 miles to see it....But hey, it's still a 900Sie and seemed to be complete if not together.

Apart from the minor issue of it not running and the leaky petrol tank I also found a weeping fork seal a dead battery and bald back tyre, but the chain and sprockets don't look too bad now I have cleaned and lubed them.
She is cleaning up not too badly, but you can tell she is 14 years old and there will be some repainting and polishing needed to get her how I imagine she should be.
But for now all I want to do is get her running and on the road for the last couple of months of the Summer.
So far the injectors have gone to be ultra sound cleaned and the tank is being brazed, hopefully ready for the weekend, by which time I should also have new battery, spark plugs, oil and fuel filters...So we will see if I can get any noise out of her..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Duc Before c.jpg (32.2 KB, 286 views)
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote