Thread: 'ello
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Welcome along.
You'll not be disappointed with that.
I've also had a 750 (as my only proper road bike) for 5 or 6 yrs, and I love it to bits.
Its a definite keeper and by far the best bike I've ever owned.
Hope you enjoy yours just as much.

Old style monsters are very low in the seat, so hopefully you'll not have a problem there.
But just in case, I've recently realised that there is perhaps scope for a very simple mod to lower the rear slightly, viz if you replace the locknuts on the rear hoop rose joints with thinner ones (ie proper, thin locknuts rather than the std ones that Ducati use) then you may be able to screw the rose joints in a little further. I haven't tried this, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work, and it costs virtually nothing.

One thought that springs to mind ...carby monsters do suffer from carb icing in cool, damp conditions. Symptoms are poor throttle response and tickover after periods of steady throttle. Its only a winter issue down here, but you may find that your maritime climate encourages this. If so, dose the fuel with pro,fst and you'll be fine.

Enjoy the overexcitement.
And yes, it does look nice. And, being a wet clutch model, it shouldn't sound too much like a bag of nails.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote