View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
No, no problems with starting in the cold and the fuel injection smooths out the engine at low revs, so none of that lumpiness when trundling along in city traffic. I have a performance ECU and air filter fitted along with carbon Remus cans. Totally sweet.
That is very good to hear, Cactus.

My carb Monster never suffered from cold start issues. The icing thing manifested when shutting off to near idling speeds or to tickover. It would wheeze and spit for a bit and somtimes stall.
The ice would usually clear from the heat of the stopped engine in time for an immediate re-start....At which point it is sensible to turn the tap and put the oil round the carbs.

Bizarrely this did not happen in freezing conditions, but as it says in the manual, in conditions of high relative humidity...And you could develop a feel for that, and pre-empt use of the warmer.

As for the lumpiness...Well most of my 40 odd bikes have been fairly unsophisticated singles or twins so I am used to a bit of lumpiness...and quite like it as it happens...But bring on the injectors

Cheers

Gazza
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote