View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #41
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
[QUOTE=clankie;452946]well today has been wheel day both wheels built up with new bearings ,tyres ,new valves and new sprocket .and a bit off swearing fiting the tyres.

Is that one of the hard anodised Renthal sprockets on the back wheel ?
I was shown one of these that was due to go on a MX bike and was amazed at the weight reduction over the steel one......a mod well woprth doing in my opinion.
Also, that's a different front disc to the one in your first pic ....the rotor has holes rather than spokes.
I expect there are other reasons for fitting it, but it does also match the rear sprocket rather nicely, as they both have holes.

Amazing speed on this job....I'm impressed....and it somewhat puts my snails pace restoration work to shame.
I have a Norton Commando thats been a project since 1978 !!!!!

Rearsets look good.
I'm assuming that they will accept pillion brackets too, possibly with the hi-level cans too, which is not a commonly available situation.
Can you post pics of both sides once the bike is finished.
I find that rearsets with std bars (well, Renthal ultra lows actually, but they're almost std pattern) gives a pretty good all round, slightly sporty riding position which suits my 6ft plus frame.
Mine are Rizomas, but I had to tweek them to suit the hi-level cans.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote