View Single Post
Old 30-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #129
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Its alive...

So finally got the oil pump fitted and engine closed up, spent ages fitting the belt covers (don't let anyone tell you Ducati carbon fibre is the best) as the holes didn't line up or have inserts in them but got it done and finally built the bike up.

Fuel tank leaked from the sender/pump connection as the nut was mangled and wouldn't thread straight, luckily I'd bought a spare billet alloy replacement nut some years back for the 916 but never fitted it and that solved the problem. So having tested the fuel pump/connectors etc. I decided to give it a go.

Took a few cranks but it started up, runs a bit lumpy and pops, farts & backfires at low RPM but it's running, sounds good at higher RPM and picks up nicely but the front cylinder exhaust is much hotter that the rear so I need to sort this out.

Not sure if the rough running is down to the carbs or ignition but no leaks and it didn't go 'pop' so I'm happy for now.

As it looks now;

The white cable coiled up by the tank is a USB cable to the Ignitech ignition so that I can make changes without having to lift the tank to connect/disconnect.

I'm new to the Ignitech and found the manual a bit vague but with an updated version courtesy of Liam at Fast Bike Gear http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/ along with his suggestions of where to start with the advance I reckon I've got the hang of it.

Still want to fit a TPS to the carbs to get a better ignition setup and that's a job on the 'to do' list. BTW anybody with Ignitech unit wanting a better manual should contact Liam for his updated version.

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 30-03-2013 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: 'Thumbsup' not working.
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote