View Single Post
Old 24-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
A very tired and slightly damp GT checking in

We didn't do too badly for most of the return trip today, but as Albie said we had to endure the journey from hell between Diksmuide and Dunkirk. Gale force winds and torrential rain made it one of those rides I would rather forget. Force 10 winds in the channel also made our ferry crossing a tad interesting, and we also took an hour longer to reach England. Albie didn't mention the really close call he had on the unloading ramp at Dover. The ferry was pitching all over the place in the dock, and as he tried to ride off the ramp it lifted and shifted sideways about a foot... just as his front wheel made contact How Albie and Caroline stayed on is a miracle. I had to wait a while for the ramp to settle down again before attempting to ride the trike off.

The roads had dried up when we got back to UK, and rest of the trip home was fine.. if a bit windy on motorway.

I'd like to thank everyone that made the effort to come to Belgium this year. I know myself and Mark really enjoyed the weekend... despite the crappy trip back. Joris was a fantastic host as usual, and the MOB members really looked after us as well. Here's looking forward to MOB2013, which is sure to be a special weekend as it will be the Belgian's 10th anniversary.

I'm now off to run myself I nice hot bath, followed by some marmite on toast and a cuppa

Last edited by gary tompkins; 25-09-2012 at 12:06 PM..
gary tompkins is offline   Reply With Quote