View Single Post
Old 18-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Nice to know that Smeegal's back off the critical list.

I particularly enjoyed the wheel nut bit.....correct adjective..!!!

Do those mirrors work in that position. They'd certainly make negotiating my gateway a little easier.

Lastly, if you're thinking of breaking the old engine, I might be interested in the valve inspection covers.
Hee hee - yep, I thought that was the right turn of phrase... It's not so bad when you have someone to sit on the bike and jam the brake on (I have a 3 foot breaker bar), but on my own there was no way, especially as I imagine Moto Rapido did it up with a wizzy gun the last time it was in for tyres...

The mirrors do work, for me anyway... because of the higher/wider bars, you actually look under your elbows and they are angled so you can see if anyone is overtaking on a dual carriageway for example - obviously if you are wearing a big padded jacket the view is slightly more restricted, but they work ok, AND look cool... result!

I won't be breaking the engine for a while yet, but I'll keep you in mind... I may well be selling the polished engine cases and belt covers too (once they are properly cleaned up and polished again of course) for anyone interested in a bit of bling...

Jx