View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
Had to make the decision today. I'm driving down from Sheffield to Bognor (via Farnborough) tomorrow and have lots to do on Friday before going to France on Saturday.

I just needed confirmation from the folk here that it was as good an offer as it appeared to be.

I have some Melotti LED indicators that never got fitted to the M1100. I also think that the touring seat from the M1100 will fit the EVO. So they'll probably be the first things to fit.

I did like my fake Rizoma Tomok mirrors so I might get another pair for about £40. The sale of my unused GiaMoto clutch pressure plate should pay for those I may also put some new brake and clutch levers and dark screen on. Those are cheap mods. The levers are about £25 and the screen is free because I have the original from my M1100 which I'll paint the inside of. I've got some S4R rearsets to sell which will pay for the levers and maybe some other bling.

I'll do my summer tour to southern Spain before I make any performance related mods, but a 14 tooth front sprocket is likely to come at the bike's first service at the end of August

Don't think I can afford much more bling. I can't afford the £1000 to buy the EVO, but it was too good an offer to refuse. I'll be selling everything I own on ebay over the next few months to pay for it. I'm sure I have no need for a bed, sofa, clothes, etc.

Now I just need to tell the other half. Luckily she's French so she understands the need to buy lovely Italian things In her case it's shoes and handbags. If a €300 pair of shoes is a must buy bargain for €200 then an EVO for £1000 is essential

TBH she's lovely to me. Nothing but sympathy when I crashed the M1100. She was more upset than I was.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote