Thread: Baby Monster
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
He11cat

There was no way I could afford a garage rebuild as id already wasted the money I had saved on crippling rearsets .. I was limited to what I could do as was pretty sick at the time and it was cold and wet and no undercover at mine!!

So left the bike with Daren and then grabbed seat and took to Goldsmiths to be recovered .
Also started looking at powder coaters .
I had whittled my way down to 3 colour ways for my frame ... and wheels..
So I drove up to powder coaters to have a look and then saw a hot candy pink with matt laquer over it that looked the nuts!!
Then saw orange the same ... then matt.. and though shiny tank matt frame!!... then recalled matt stuff marks like a pig!!

Got so confused ...... was so drawn to the pink same as my hair but said to myself I would be sick of it ... it was wrong for that bike and I would regret it... made a sensible choice .... then buckled .. and well a bit of me crept in!! .....

Powder coating .... I took my casings , wheels , swing arm , hoop , frame to powder coaters ... said please please watch the sight glass mask it and I don't want them broken!! Was assured wouldn't happen .. was told couple of weeks and I would have stuff back...
it took a fair bit more I had to ring up and chase and chase... I went to pick up and found broken sight glasses.. The frame and wheels where spot on mind!
Then I saw my hoop was wrong colour I was going to just leave it and thought no it will bug me!!
So tok it back and also sight glasses and said look... they offered to pay for them to be replaced and where sorry and did get the hoop redone and posted it out.

luckily I had spare casings so the glass came out of them.