Thread: Baby Monster
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
He11cat

I will list what I looked at and decided to replace cosmetically.

Replaced .. I sort out second hand bits and needed to keep price down except for things that had to be new.

New Reg Rec made
Engine casing needed replacing (Thanks Slipper)
Standard tatty cans off
Replaced seat with a cut out and down one
Recovered seat.
Found a set of wheels to replace damaged wheels ... to powder coat.
Switched to a Motobatt gel battery as I prefer them
Brake lines replaced with Hel braided lines
Wavy front brake disc
Extra long crash bungs
Replaced puig for original monster fairing.
Brought another tank
Brought another mudguard.
Dunlop had some forks so brought those as replacement forks.

The Hi level sexy carbon cans I had wouldn't fit with original hangers.
Was advised to fit rear sets which worried me as I have a back and neck injury and arthritis,
All went on but I wasn't happy with fitting ... and yep the rear sets crippled me so much.
In the process noticed my hanger had been snapped when rear sets fitted so had to buy another hanger

Bike now was running like total crap god knows why as the other set of termis it was fine ... ran out of money and things looked bad ... had bike that was miserable to ride... which depressed me as Carl had set it up perfect and I was so happy .. I should have left it as Carl gave it to me and not let people try and fit exhausts.
Plan was to save and get it back to Carl to get him to resort it and get it running sweet.

I was so fed up now.... had a pile of bits and just couldn't afford to sort the bike out. Hated seeing it looking rough and hated the fact it was so unhappy.

Grumpy suggested to call a chap he knew to see if he wanted a winter evening project.
I spoke to him and said look I don't mind how long it takes .. but I want to get it all powdercoated.

I can't really do much work as mine as no room and in winter in the cold

Last edited by He11cat; 05-06-2012 at 11:42 PM..