Thread: I just....
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well done you. I had one for about 2 years but hardly rode it . Its my own fault having an s4 that was more fun. Not saying the 748 was not but it is a serious bike like the 916. When I did ride it , it felt special and tbh I bought it for the pure look of it. The shape and the whole concept of one of the best designed motorcycles of its era. I wish it was a 916 after a while and if it were I doubt if I would have sold it. Saying that I regret selling it now but that was my choice.

Enjoy it and the reviness of it. Feels a bit weird revving a duke but they go ok dont they.
its funny you say that, I used to own a 916sps, it was beautiful, and a good friend of mine owned a 748s, when we went out together he found it so much easier to get the gearing and revs right in each corner as the 748 span much faster, and at times you the 916 felt a little 'lazy', I've been looking for a mint 748s for ages. (the 'S' model for the suspension upgrades etc), and this one is very special, all I need now is my MV Augusta Serie Ora and I have my dream bike garage!

Like you I wish I had never sold my 916, but the 748 is a worthy replacement several years later and will be very much loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATTOP View Post
Very nice they are a beautiful bike what colour is it red or yellow.
Its yellow with a white front number board, paint is in incredible condition, it hasn't dulled with time and just shines!

Z.