Thread: Ducati let-down
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs View Post
Only an hour with a strong wind. But it still wouldn't work there. A CoC isn't needed if the bike is already registered in the EU. My problem is that it came from the USA, but it is allowed in without a CoC because of a loophole with personal goods. Unfortunately all the customs info is lost. And bike is still registered in another guys name. So I already paid 100 euro for a test, but they still need to see a CoC. I have NL customs also helping me to recover documents from a old database, but it is not in anyone's interest to go out of their way to help.

I am really disappointed that it isn't in Ducati's interest to help me. They have the power to do so, if only someone pragmatic would get involved.

If I could get a full spec of a 2002 USA import and also a full spec of a stock EU build then I could do all the legwork for Ducati and try and get someone to listen and help me.

When I grow up I am going to be a bureaucrat....

I was in a bit of a similar position when i brought my M900 (in a M600 frame) to France.
impossible to get it registered as a ducati because of the "unknown" type of the bike. ducati France would not recognise it, neither would the customs. The local ducati dealer and mechanics were happy with it though, but they dont make the rules.

only way would be to get it fully tested/inspected and registered as your own design/kit bike. if that's possible in your country.

i ended up selling mine in bits.