View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #10
Thirdway

Have BT023s

Would love to tell you how fantastic they are, but quite honestly it's a light bike with fairly moderate power output. I did 3500 miles around Europe fully loaded with gear for 12 days. We did Autobahns at 120mph which were like rivers, slippery, oil covered motorway exits and entrances, we did wet alps, dry alps, hot days, freezing days with some snow.

In the UK I slithered gently around a bend on some farm spillage to find several riders had come off on the same bend. The tyres gripped enough to save my skin.

There is still plenty of meat on the rear so they are lasting well, no white lining either, despite around 1500 miles of rapid motorway riding and full throttle take offs from the toll booths.

I never noticed them, they are worn almost to the edge, so they certainly get used.

By comparison the Sportsmats on the ST4s have done less than 2K the profile on the rear is gone and they are wobbling over lines and bumps. Excellent when new and great confidence wet and dry. I noticed them more, not sure what that actually means.