Thread: Almost there...
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Zak

Sorry forgot to mention dyno results, ok, so she puts out 68bhp after all usual engine mods:

1) Uprated Pipercross crank breather
2) Pipercross race air filter
3) Airbox lid drilled out
4) Carbs fully serviced, balanced, jetted etc.
5) Uprated ignition coil
6) Uprated race plugs
7) Silicone HT leads
8) A darn good service and clean out / tune of whole engine.

Think this is about 4bhp more than standard, but reckon that it lost 5 - 10bhp over the years, she is 12 years old after all, so not a bad result, stupidly I didn't dyno it before the work began, but I think the numbers are there or thereabouts.

Now, with the NOS engaged and the variable boost control allowing 3/4 release I then get a whopping 106bhp at the back wheel!! This is incredible, however I estimate that with the valve fully open, i then could get somewhere between 110 - 120bhp, however there is always the threat of totally melting the engine through prolonged use, excessive use or using it at full whack for even a short period, so I haven't tried it at full whack, and I won't be, I don't fancy a full engine rebuild!

Its only £12 to refill the bottle, and it lasted me a full two days of testing and retuning on the dyno and still had quarter of a bottle left, so its certainly cheap ponies once you've fitted the system and worked through the many headaches it brings.

Well worth it in my mind, and its always something I wanted to try on a bike, so I'm glad I've gone and done it on my favourite brand of bike.

Anyway, enough rambling from me!