View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Dirty

Smile Another SE London Newbie!

Hi all

Greenwich lad here. New to motorbikes and Ducatis!

Bit of background. Shock horror I actually don't like motorbikes as a rule! 50 years ago I'd have been a Mod rather than a rocker. But Ducatis are different. Works of engineering art in my view, I love them. I always said I'd buy one just to put in the living room one day.

So this year I needed to get a bike licence for career reasons (doing the knowledge). I could have got away with a CBT but didn't want to ride with L plates and liked the thought of having a few days proper training so I went for a full licence. Thinking I'd never want a proper bike I opted for the A2.

6 weeks of moped riding later and I'm scouring the internet for an M600. I still remember the first Monster I saw. It must have been when they first came out back in the 90's. It was parked outside Terra Nova Ins on Mincing lane EC3. It was red (obviously) and I was walking arkwardly for a little while after seeing it.

Anyway mine arrives in a few days. It's yellow. Expect lots of silly questions from me in the technical threads. I know my way around cars but bikes are alien to me so go gentle please!