View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
1100steve

I was in the same predicament back in April, go ahead and buy probably the last unregistered 1100s' left (now 11 plate) or wait a few months for the EVO. I ended up going for the 1100s for the following reasons....

1. I'm impatient.
2. I like Ohlins stuff.
3. Wasn't interested in ABS or traction control, i'll do all the thinking and take the blame if I get it wrong.
4. I love the look and sound of the open dry clutch, that's what a Ducati sounds like IMHO - if you don't like it, get some termi's throw the baffles in the bin and you'll struggle to hear the rattle anyway.
5. I prefer the twin exit, under seat exhaust and agree with Albie that it looks a bit void under there without, also the EVO exhaust hides the single point swingarm, which is a crime worthy of a slow and painful death IMO.
6. I'm under the illusion that everyone shares the 5 views above, thus making the residual value more sticky - which is almost probably BS
6.1. They offered me a mean deal on the 's' and paid me far to much for the 'timebomb' Buell I was px'ing.
7. I'm impatient.

The only things i prefer on the EVO are..
1. The rearsets are farrrrr prettier that the rediculous chicken wing efforts on the 's', but that's an easy fix anyway.
2. It look's a bit more up-to-date - again easy fix.

As for the ride - no idea i've not ridden an EVO but can't see as it can be that much different. I struggled (failed miserably) to keep up with the demo one on the UKMOC track day but this was, without a shadow of a doubt more a rider issue .

Probably older/more mileage than you are considering, but this one is just down the road from me, if you want me to drop in and check it out just give me a shout: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/2?logcode=p