View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
He11cat

Sorry to hear that but.
Firstly always get a price inc VAT as it makes a huge difference.
Also if you only have so much money in the pot tell the person doing your work I can't go above X and be firm as I just have not got it then they know the score before anything is done.

Then they can say to you well you need x doing as well ..... and you can decide if you can stretch to it or wait til next month.

I have been in that boat I have x much and couldn't stretch to even £50 more .. always do that before you get work done .. if money is no object then it doesn't matter.

I just had alot of work done on one of my bikes up by me and I said to the mechanic I have a budget of... and we worked on that , its really vital to sort out stuff like that then no shocks.

I think you will find about right for London on this and maybe if you went to a dealer in London more money and not so good a job. In fairness your pay a bit more for the joy of living in London .. Im born and bred South London.

Knowing whats said on here and people that have used them they are probably the best in London.
The other dealer you have quoted hmmm not heard good at all.
RC take care of a few friends bikes and really look after them and wouldn't rip anyone off..

Given a choice between the named dealer you said and RC if I was back home I know who would get my pennies between those two and who I would trust my bike with.

The same with me up here.. I have a couple places I could go but I only trust my mechanic with my bike as his reputation is impecable.
If someone said to me look il do it cheaper... no thanks .. il stick with the guy with the reputation anyday! They have a good rep.

Someone will be along to tick me off and I hope I don't come across rude I don't mean to.
But RC are good and I think you picked the best people in London.
Talk to them ... its best to speak to them if you feel that your not happy.
Im sure they don't want people going away feeling unhappy and it gives them a chance to say well actually ....

The joys of owning Ducati .. Don't I know it.. Im now a pauper .. but wouldn't have it any other way!
Always keep a good communication open with people working on a bike.

Lots of people money is no object .. not the case for me.
The cost of a service is the cost of a service... but sometimes add on bits if your poor like me have to be done at a later date unless dangerous.
£400- £500.... £100 for DID chain is right .. so that along bumps your bill up.